Fast Respose Form
TOLL FREE: 1-800-617-1112
PORT ST LUCIE:
- Related Services
- Company Profile
- Cleaning Services
- Guide &Tips
- Contact Us
Fire and Smoke Damage RemovalHome > Fire And Smoke Guide
Fire is destructive. It costs a lot of money. More than that, it kills people. This fire and smoke guide gives you useful guidelines to prevent fire and the actions that should be taken in case of fire.
Immediate detection of fire should be detected right after it has started. Otherwise even the escape routes may become unusable and people may get trapped inside. Smoke and other toxic gases and the extreme temperature that come with fire are hazardous to human lives.
- Unwanted sources of heat should be removed.
- Electrical fuses and circuit breakers should be of right rating and good quality.
- Necessary preventive machinery should be installed
- Only required minimum of flammables and combustibles should be stored, that too in fire resistant chambers.
- Flammable wastes should be safely disposed immediately.
- Oxidizing materials should not be near heat or flammables.
- Doors, windows and ventilation systems should be shut when not needed.
- Plant and equipment should be well maintained, well lubricated and without any flammable leaks. Even the frictional heat of loose belts and dust on ventilation spots may cause ignition and start fire.
Fire Detection and Warning
Electrical fire warning system with several manually operated call points is the minimum requirement for quick fire detection and warning. This system should have a back-up power supply. Automatic fire detection system is necessary to detect fire that may arise in unoccupied areas.
In a work place all the employees should be aware of the procedure to operate the fire detection systems.
Means of Escape
Escape routes should be such that even if fire is there in one part of the building people in the other part should be able to escape safely.
Alternate escape routes should be there to increase the chance of escape.
Escape routes should have been legally approved.
Fire in its early stage can be quenched. So the needed fire fighting equipment should be in place. Everyone should know how to operate such fire fighting equipments.
A few portable extinguishers will be sufficient for small premises. Larger premises need different variety and greater number of fire extinguishers like water, foam, powder and carbon dioxide etc.
Maintenance is Prevention
All the safety measures and equipment like doors, staircases, corridors, fire detection and alarm systems, fire fighting equipment and emergency lighting should be well maintained. Any defects should be set right as quickly as possible.
Routine maintenance work can be delegated to a responsible person. Periodical inspections are necessary to ensure safe operation of fire fighting equipment and fire detecting alarms.
Fire Preventing Tips
- Good house keeping is mandatory to prevent fire from happening
- All the escape routes should be clear ad free from obstacles.
- Adequate safety measures to restrict arson and vandalism
- Regular and frequent fire safety checks.
To receive a free quote please call us at: