Fast Respose Form
TOLL FREE: 1-800-617-1112
PORT ST LUCIE:
- Related Services
- Company Profile
- Cleaning Services
- Guide &Tips
- Contact Us
Free QuoteHome > Water Removal Guide
After flooding activities are truly hectic and stressful. Here in this essay all aspects of water damage restoration are discussed and useful tips are given to help you accomplish smooth water removal and associated restoration tasks.
Just After Flooding
There are two important things that you need to do once flooding is over. They are,
- If you are a tenant inform your homeowner about the flooding and other details regarding the damage.
- Let your insurance agent know about the damage and call them to make an assessment.
Clean Up Tips
- Remove the water as soon as possible.
- Mud and other debris should be cleaned up.
- All the damaged and contaminated things should be discarded. While doing so follow municipal regulations.
- Wash, rinse and disinfect all the surfaces.
- Wash the furniture and fabrics before sending them to cleaning.
- When hiring a professional for the clean up and restoration tasks avail the services of a licensed company.
Water and food may be contaminated with sewage and other such contaminants. This is hazardous to you and your family health. Given here are useful tips to ensure good health to you and your family..
- Adhere to protective measures like respirators, protective clothing etc as directed by the officials.
- Discard contaminated things and do not try to restore them.
- Discard food items that have been exposed to flooding.
- Drink only pure and safe water till water supply becomes all right.
- Wear rubber gloves and boots and eye protectors.
- Careful with the children and supervise their activities.
Home Returning Guidelines
Once the flooding is over you may wish to return to home. Before doing so several precautions need to be taken. Those mandatory guidelines are listed here to help you.
- Check your home's electrical system by a qualified electrician. Any defect in this regard is a serious hazard to human life.
- Check natural gas supply lines using a gas filter
- Ensure that the water supply is safe and good for drinking
- Verify that the sanitations are properly working
- The whole house should be cleaned and disinfected before you return to that.
- Is the whole building safe? Ensure that.
- Do not turn an electrical appliance until the whole house including basement have been water free.
You can return to your home only after the government officials have declared that to be safe and inhabitable. You have to wait until the officials give permission to you to return to your home.
Drying out the House
Drying out a flood affected house may take even months. Follow the tips given here to accomplish quick drying.
- Remove all the internal linings
- Keep the doors and windows open during dry days. Keep the cupboards and drawers open to let them dry soon.
- Use heaters, fans and dehumidifiers to speed up the drying process.
To receive a free quote please call us at: